Yoga Mat Size: 68″ long x 24″ wide x 4 mm thick
PROCEEDS FROM THIS YOGA MAT WILL BE DONATED TO OCEANIC SOCIETY’S “ADOPT AN ALBATROSS” PROGRAM.
Soaring Albatrosses Yoga Mat
I created this collage of devalued currency, cut into extremely small pieces and reassembled to form two albatrosses, one of the most majestic seafaring birds of the world, which has been severely impacted by plastic pollution. Parent birds in the North Pacific mistakenly ingest plastic objects as they feed, subsequently feeding them to their chicks. Just about every single albatross chick (100%) in Northwest Hawaiian Islands has some amount of plastic inside it, in many cases the amount of plastic is staggering, and likely contributes to many chicks dying prior to being able to fledge. Funds from the sale of this yoga mat design will be donated to Oceanic Society’s “Albatross Adoption Program,” which will directly fund plastic mitigation efforts, habitat restoration at albatross breeding sites, outreach, education and research on North Pacific albatross populations.
Why You Should Buy This Yoga Mat
- Yoga mat proceeds go to support the artist who created the mat
- Machine washable
- Comes with an individualized carrying strap
- PVC and Phthalate free
- eco natural tree rubber base
- eco micro-fibre towel cloth top made from recycled water bottles
- the towel top is designed for a warmer/hot yoga practice
- this mat performs superbly during a sweaty practice because it is designed to increase grip as you sweat
- there is no need to bring both a towel and a mat to class anymore, and no more slipping when wet
- all our plastic wrappings are biodegradable
- eco-friendly, water-based inks
***If you do not have a sweaty practice or you have dry hands and feet, lightly spray water on the top surface of the mat at the beginning of your practice to enhance grip***
Washing Instructions For Your Yoga Mat
Machine wash your yoga mat alone with detergent (NO BLEACH) on gentle cycle in cold water. To speed up drying, wrap yoga mat in a towel and squeeze out excess water. Hang yoga mat to dry. (DO NOT PUT IN DRYER).